Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Change of Hominids

Over time, Hominids have changed dramatically. This did not happen spontaneously but through evolution. Through a skull lab I completed in school, I saw the changes occuring through the lab. The bone ridge on the top of the cranium of the skulls. Some of the ridges were really large, yet others were not even there. The fang teeth or the canine teeth also varied in size and length. Some like the chimpanzees, have longer canine teeth than Homo Sapiens do. One peculiar trait that I like is the Foramen Magnum (the hole of where the spinal cord links to the brain). Some of the skulls have the Foramen Magnum underneath. Others like Homo Sapiens have it towards the rear. that is why Homo Sapiens can lift their heads higher.

6 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hominids have changed a lot over the long time.

-Annie

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog sure showed the change

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh...I see now. Evolution is freaky, but that only applies for non-humans, in my book.

Heh, I studied a bit on the human skull as well, but not on the monkeys. So, I don't exactly know what you're talking about.

** comment back on all of my 2nd semester entries? Please & thank you!

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed nothing else to be said

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home