Saturday, March 11, 2006

Genscope


In the program Genscope I was able to fool around with chromosomes of a dragon. In a female dragon, her chromosomes where X and Y. In a guy, his chromosome was just X. There were recessive and dominant traits in a dragon. For example, the traits for horns was HH or Hh. Other traits such as wings, was ww. When I manually changed the chromosomes, I discovered that if you had a small a and a small b together for a color trait, the dragon would end up dead. The dominances of dragon legs was very interesting. If a dragon was homozygous for the trait, the dragon would have 4 legs. I a dragon was heterozygous for the trait, the dragon would have 2 legs. Usually its homozygous and heterozygous look the same in the phenotypes. I guess its different in dragons.

3 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger DBSKLuv said...

ooooh i agree if the dragon were to have a heterozygous trait it would have 2 legs no more or less! (but have u ever seen a dragon with three legs? o_0)

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish Dragons were real. they might have 2 or 4 how can you not imagine a dragon having 4 legs.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home